Sunday, March 31, 2013, 6:46 PM // 0 comment(s)

Also, with regards to school, I got my results back a few days ago.
GPA dropped by 0.09, so now it's hanging at a solid 3.37.
Still much better than I expected to do, not kidding.
And this is coming from someone who was mentally prepared to repeat 2 modules next semester.
(Matte Painting and Storyboarding - both of which got B's in the end)
The only C+ I got was for Programming - expected.
All in all I'm just really grateful I didn't do badly (or as badly as I expected) and managed to attain A's for the modules I actually like/have a genuine interest in; Cinematography and Film Editing.
It's kinda just like semester 1, where I got an A for Photography.

In the long run I really think these grades are gonna help me veer towards a certain path I might choose to pursue in the future.
Take photography for instance. I've already accomplished quite a bit from semester 1 till now, shooting events for publication websites and all.
With respect to the previous post, I'm also seriously considering building up a proper portfolio of some sort.
Maybe not like something I can exactly print out to present and all that, but just something to showcase my better works, preferably online. (ie. Flickr, 4ormat, etc.)
It's less costly that way, heh.

So yeah, who knows? I might even do something film-related soon.
Maybe another semester from now I might even have stuff to show for it?
Short films, experimental films, anything.
I'm also starting to make connections with people who are knee-deep in the arts/music scene,
and these people know their stuff.
Having spoken to a couple of them before, I vaguely remember them recommending me one or two small companies here in Singapore that do short films or something related to that.

I'm not even really sure what I'm doing right now can be classified as "freelance" work?
Because according to another friend of mine it is?
I asked him for publication companies to contact because I want to cover this event that's happening in August. Shh, it's a secret.
Yeah. I need more experience. I need more knowledge. I need more expertise in this "scene".
All the terms & conditions, rules & regulations, etc are still pretty new to me.
Ah well. I'm willing to spend the time and effort learning them!

Just a couple of weeks left till I enter Year 2.
Sigh, this is really happening huh.